This 16m Pilot boat is designed by Camarc Design Ltd, and provides fast and efficient running at transfer speeds, combined with excellent sea-keeping. The design is similar to the many other fast pilot boat designed by Camarc operated by other operators in the UK, North America, Europe and the Far East. The hull design is an advanced double chine hull, developed in conjunction with U.K. towing tank facilities since 1983. The double chine hull combines a number of advantages; finer entry in the forward sections, efficient spray rails to keep the deck dry and to damp motions in heavy seas, a more sea-kindly shape in the forward slamming area, with a chine shape at the aft end to give stability in following seas. The double chine shape also exhibits economical operation at cruising speed. The double chine hull has excellent manoeuvrability, as has been proven by the vessels in service, both at slow speed for harbour operation and at service speeds for pilot boarding operations.
The GRP structure is designed and built to drawings approved by Lloyds Register of Shipping in accordance with the (LRS) Special Service Craft (SSC) rules. The hull, deck and superstructure are moulded in permernant production mould tools The vessel is designed to have a minimum service life of 15 years allowing for projected operating hours are 2,500 – 3,000 hrs/year.
The spacious wheelhouse, which is can be resiliently mounted, offers the flexibility to accommodate a range of possible customer requirements but typically accommodates 2 crew plus 6 pilots on high specification suspension seating to maximize comfort in high sea states. Below deck areas can be customized to feature a full galley fit, toilet and washing facilities, storage areas and a saloon. The flexibility of the design is further increased as we can offer a choice of two widths of wheelhouse along with an option without a coachroof which can be configured to meet customer requirements.
The craft has been optimized for reduced downtime. The spacious engine compartment gives plenty of working space around the machinery for ease of maintenance and a large removable engine hatch enables the engines to be lifted out of the vessel with minimum effort.
The craft features an innovative “Camarc” popsure fender system. This gives the benefit of no through hull fasteners and reduced stress on the hull. The outer tube takes any abrasion while the modular foam outer spreads any loads over a large area. The modular nature of the fender allows any damaged sections to be easily replaced.
This design is also available up to 18m in overall length.
- Length OA (inc. Fender): 16.6m
- Length Waterline: 14.5m
- Beam OA (inc. Fender): 5.3m
- Beam moulded: 4.6m
- Draught: 1.3 m (Full Load)
- Displacement: 24 tonnes
- Construction Material: GRP
- Classification Built in accordance with MCA SCV – Code of Practice, Structure designed and surveyed to LRS SSC rules
- Max Speed: 27 Knots
- Main Engines Twin Scania Di16 600hp @ 1800rpm – IMO US Tier II & EU Stage IIIa compliant
- Gearboxes Twin Disc “Quickshift” MGX-5135SC reduction gearbox
- Twin Screw Five blade 1.05 DAR fixed pitch (waterjet option available)
- Fuel capacity 2000 litres
- Water capacity 150 litres
- Complement Crew 2 crew + 6 pilots
- Auxiliary Equipment Typical options include 220V AC generator, 24V DC system, AC inverter/battery charger, air conditioning, LED interior lighting dependant on customer requirements
- Accommodation W/C & storage lockers, full galley fitout configurable to customers requirements
- Special Features ncluding but not limited to: Comprehensive navigation systems, High performance hull designed by Camarc, ergonomically designed console, Camarc “Popsure” closed cell polyethylene fender, Hadrian safety rail system, MOB recovery system, design optimized for ease of maintenance and reduced downtime