The 6.4m Fire & Rescue Boat is a strong, reliable, highly maneuverable and versatile vessel for use in a number of challenging roles and environments. This vessel has been designed around the aluminium hull form of a 6.4m Workstar for the Royal Berkshire Fire Authority to provide a solid platform with a very shallow draught for operating in restricted waterways. It is ideal for use as a rescue launch, survey vessel, harbour maintenance launch & multi-purpose workboat.The vessel is powered by a lightweight Steyr 164 Hp marine diesel engine coupled to a Hamilton 241 waterjet through a Hurth HSW 450 a gearbox giving an impressive power to weight ratio resulting in speeds in excess of 25 knots for duration of up to 4 hours.
As a result of careful selection of equipment and its lightweight yet solid structure the vessel is light enough to be launched and recovered through the use of a trailer.
A large open foredeck provides sufficient workspace for a crew of 4 to work the vessel & stow equipment up to a combined weight of 1 tonne. In its role as a fire & rescue craft the vessel has sufficient deck area to recover and carry as many as 3 stretcher borne casualties whilst allowing the crew of 4 to Cox and man the vessel effectively. Lockers in the bow and stern provide watertight stowage space which may be adapted to suit the requirements of any inventory of firefighting, rescue or other equipment.
At the transom, the vessel is fitted with a jet-guard doubling as a recovery platform from which a Jason’s cradle may be deployed. The cut away transom area means that any casualties or equipment coming aboard may be moved quickly and efficiently inboard. A small towing post attached to the aft end of the engine box gives the vessel the ability to tow with a bollard pull in excess of 0.5 tons.
- Length OA (inc. Fender): 6.4m
- Length Waterline: 7.2m
- Beam OA (inc. Fender): 2.5m
- Draught: 0.3m (light load)
- Displacement: (Light) 1790 Kg, (Loaded) 2790 Kg
- Construction Material: Fabricated Aluminium (Grade 5083)
- Max Speed: 25 knots
- Speed 25 knots @ 375 kg payload, 12 knots @ 1 Tonne payload
- Main Engine Steyr 164 163 BHP @ 4000 rpm
- Gearbox ZF Marine HSW 450A 1.56:1, Reduction ratio
- Waterjet Hamilton Jet HJ 241
- Steering Gear Wagner UK HP100-001 701G Helm unit
- Fuel Capacity 165 litres
- Fendering High performance polyurethane covered elastomer foam
- Fire fighting Pump Rosenbauer ‘Otter’ lightweight fire pump 800 L/min @ 5 bar
- 4 off Lifting eyes
- Towing Post
- Transom platform
- 6 off Deck Cleats
- Navigation lights Aqua Signal Series 25
- Siren/PA Whelen WPA system
- Beacon Premier Hazard Ltd, Aeromax, 12v Twin Blue Strobe
- Echosounder/Log Raymarine Ltd, Tridata ST 60
- Manual Bilge Pump Whale Gusher Urchin, Capacity 43 L/min
- Electric Bilge Pump Rule 500, 12v, Capacity 500 G/hr
- Fire Suppression System Pyrogen SP1, Fixed aerosol system